Sunday, May 20, 2007

Bike to Work Day

BIKE TO WORK DAY

As part of National Bike Week, I decided to join the fun and ride my bike to work. I mapped out a course and set out on my ride a little after 6:30. I anticipated it taking about two and a half hours and somewhere in the range of 25-30 miles. I woke up numerous time before my alarm due to my excitement and the time finally rolled around. I got my stuff my ready and headed on out. It was a little on the cold side so I sported the long pants and long shirt motif. I avoided the rain which was a bonus. I was surprised that I did not see more people along the way. When all the dust settled, it was a little more than 29 miles into work and about 2:45 in time. It was a lot of fun even though I was at a snails pace!

Celebrating at Freedom Plaza with the rest of the bikers!!! It actually happened to be right outside my building.


Much needed pit stop in Bethesda where I filled up on a banana, juice and a bagel!!


No comments: