Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Tour de Carroll







Last Saturday I decided to do a bike ride up in Carroll County which is up near Pennsylvania. I signed up for the 30 miler but due to a detour, I ended up almost in Amish country and turned back around. It ended up being a six mile detour so when all the dust settled, it was 36 miles and change. It was a great day for a bike ride and some great scenery. There were a fair amount of hills which made it tough at times. I maxx'd out at 30 mph at one point and averaged about 12 miles for the whole ride. It certainly did not seem like we were just an hour outside of DC. Most of the photos were taken while I was riding so bear with me. Hopefully there will be more bike rides in the future!




3 comments:

Emily said...

Nice, Tommy! Maybe now you're ready to come out to Iowa in July and ride Ragbrai...it's basically biking across the state in our crazy heat and humidity. It's a really big deal, though - Lance Armstrong was here last year! Just something to think about...

Emily said...

T-love, my only suggestion is that next time you join the crowd and squeeze into some spandex. Otherwise, I'm impressed.

Emily said...

Just so you know, that last comment was from Trent!