Friday, October 5, 2007

Is it Really Worth it???


The other day while I was training for the marathon and cashing 15 miles on a training run, I noticed some red substance on my shirt about a mile before finishing. I thought to myself, what could it be? Well, sure enough it was my right nipple bleeding from the long run. It was not all that painful and I did not notice it for some time. Later that same day I was holding my shirt away from my chest to keep the pain down. It made me wonder, "Is this really worth it???"

8 comments:

The Begleys said...

I totally remember seeing all the guys with that at the end of the half marathon I ran in Indy. Crazy...the thought still just makes me cringe.

Morgan said...

Gross...I'm sure Andy Bernard feels your pain though.

Amanda said...

That was my first thought - you are TOTALLY Andy!!! Did you try bandaids in a criss-cross fashion across the nips? Maybe now you can relate to us nursing mothers...hot.

Emily said...

Nasty! I also thought of Andy as I read that. Seriously Tommy, that's gross.

Heather and Eric said...

dude- vaseline and bandaids are your best friend.

a.t.a said...

Whatever Tommy, stop playing with your nipples!

Branko L. said...

Congrats Tommy! I wish I were there to cheer you on at the finish line. You totally kicked Tom Cruises wifes A. I'll be calling you for tips and training reccomendations. I really need to just stick to a plan to run a marathon in the coming months.

Brett Crockett said...

Dude. Nowhere near worth it. But good to see you're world traveling and doing cool stuff.