Monday, April 14, 2008

Kickin it Family Style

So this last weekend, my dad and Rebecca came out to spend a weekend together, DC style. My dad hadn't been here in close to two years so it was good to see him and so he could get a sense of what DC is like for me. We spent quite a bit of time downtown as you can see here as we caught the tail end of the cherry blossoms.
The next day, my dad rented a bike and the two of us hit up the Capital Crescent Trail as we biked from Bethesda to G-town and over through Rosslyn. It was some sweet nectar as I always love getting on a bike.

My dad then ran into Hilary and convinced to get in a photo with her and her pant-suits.


Doing the standard cherry blossom pose along the Tidal Basin. This was like the best tree as the blossoms were slowly floating away.



Taking a quick snooze as Rebecca gets her shop on at Anthropology in G-town. Not the funnest thing to do....I'm not gonna lie.










One of the bonuses when two visitors come out to visit me is that we all get to cram into my truck. With my dad and my sister, it makes for a tight fit. The best way to rig it is to have my dad drive and needless to say it was not fun tooling around DC in that small of space but hey, we're family right?


We hit up 2 Amys for some kind pizza of course, donut and a hole...I already ate the hole!


Here we are kicking in in Chinatown after our money dinner at Indeblue. We all had some kind grub but when my dad ordered the pan-seared tuna, we were a little surprised. When the food came, he looked at it and wondered why it wasnt cooked all the way through. The server was nice and offered to cook it all the way through. Needless to say, it was still money in the cash bank.

Here we are kickin outside talking to Colton getting the skinny.







Here Rebecca is doing what she does best...being a tool as she asked for photos every other minute. But I guess I am used to it after these years.
When all the dust settled, it was a great weekend and was glad we could all kick it. Ever if I had to wake up at 4:30 this morning to take Rebecca to Dulles and my dad to BWI and squeeze in a full days work. You know I'm going to sleep like a Siberian minx. Click on Rebecca's link to get another perspective on the weekend:

3 comments:

Morgan said...

Dude, if I'd known you were swinging through Rosslyn I would have brought down some gatorade and orange wedges!

Rebecca said...

Good times, good times! Thanks again for taking me to the airport at 4:30 a.m., squeezing us into your truck, hooking us up with your Marriott discount, and being a great cruise director for the weekend. I always love hanging with you and can't wait to be back!

What's up with all your sideways photos? Last time I checked you were supposed to be the photography guru in the fam.

a.t.a said...

Whitney:

When you die we're going to have to bury you old school Chinese emporer style....in your red truck.

Michigan is on...when I can lock down a good deal I'm buying.