Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Marathon Saturday


So this last Saturday, my friend and I Michelle woke up at the crack...literally before the crack of dawn to go downtown to shoot some sunrise shots. This all sounded like a good idea but when you stay up to watch the Jazz beat the Rockets when the game starts at 10:45 and ends after 1:00, the 4:50 alarm comes a little quick. I zipped downtown and got there about 5:30...yeah I was tired. We took some shots up by Iwo Jima and then went down to the Lincoln. After that we zipped over to Union Station to finish up our shooting. Union Station was a little tricky but still fun. Anyway, Michelle thought it was funny that I was having a hard time closing one eye while focusing the camera. I'm still working on closing one eye but for the time being, I had to do what I had to to get it done. I'd do it again if I had to. This is all an effort to get me closer to buying my own Canon 40d which I hope will be shortly because when I go out, I want to be able to use my own weapon andn become more and more familiar with it! All in all, it was way fun and can't wait to go out again! Oh, and by the way, I shot with a Nikon...I'm not a fan.





After shooting, I had intentions to play golf but it didn't work out but I was still able to squeeze in two different tennis matches sandwiched with an epic ping pong battle that lasted over an hour. Then topped off with a Chipotle burritto...yeah life was good!




5 comments:

peetie said...

Hey Tom don't sweat it about being normal and not being able to close that one eye. When we do exams on patients you're supposed to switch eyes that you use when doing the exam http://www.merckfrosst.ca/images/en/patients/diseases/glaucoma/diag_fundus.jpg
so that you aren't practically kissing the patient. Well, some cool people have a hard time switching eyes. But at least we remember to brush our teeth and have a mint first.

Rachel said...

Tom. Is there anything you don't do?

You rock my socks off.

Emily said...

Glad you see you still have to manually hold one eye shut. Nice!

Rebecca said...

Tommy, you are the only person I know who has to use your hand to close one eye! Are you kidding me?

Branko L. said...

Haha. Rebecca is always picking on you. I can hear her voice saying that and laughing!
Can you send me your address please!?
Nice pics by the way!