Wednesday, November 14, 2007

CHI-TOWN!



So this last weekend I met up with my two sisters Emily and Rebecca in Chicago. This was a tradition started last year in DC and this year we thought we would work the Chi-town angle and it was some kind stuff. We were able to take advantage of Rebecca's work hotel, even if that meant that I had to sleep on the 18th floor concrete slab! I met up with Rebecca on Thursday night and Emily cruised in the next afternoon straight from C-ville.



NERD ALERT!! (Matching sweatshirts)


One of the highlights was all the kind food we ate over the weekend. We had some good pasta from Rosebuds and then on Saturday night we went to this newer restaurant in town that was off the food chain! We took it as a good sign the we could only get a reservation at 10:00 at night. Little tough for Emily because that's what time she goes to bed but for Rebecca and I, the single folk, night's just get underway!



Another highlight was going on an architectural boat tour along the Chicago River. This was something I have been wanting to do for quite some time and finally was able to do it. Another extreme highlight was my divine deseret at my introduction to Grand Lux Cafe. This thing was the bomb.com! It was two slices of rich fudge cake filled with chocolate chips with two scoops of ice cream and top ped with chocolate sauce. It basically changed my life and gave Linda a run for her money! On Friday night we all went to a karaoke bar to tear it up. This was a lot of fun as you can see on the video as I tried to bring the house down...Sweet Caroline style.



Yeah, I know I''m tone deaf but it's all about having fun! Emily's first time was nothing but butta as she duet'ed with Rebecca to Madonna. Don't believe me, just watch the video!




The only downside was taggin along with them while they got their shop on all weekend long along the Mag. Mile working the Anthro and Diesel angle. At these times I would just go take photos of the great architecture of Chicago.



All in all, it was a lot of fun and we already got plans for '08...bean town style!

4 comments:

Heather and Eric said...

Looks like another killer trip-- remember that one time you didn't come home for my wedding? That was awesome too.

The Begleys said...

That is a cool post about your trip to Chicago Tommy. Got me to thinking about how the Cougars are going to beat down the Utes this weekend.

Harline is still open.

Scott, Kara, Paul, Brad and Andee said...

Hey Tommy! How are things? Looks like your having a blast! Its fun getting cought up with you!

Kacee said...

Tommy! You're a blogger?? I will have to show Chase :) Hope you're doing well. Wish we could see more of you!

-Kacee