Monday, February 4, 2008

Gobblers Knob!












Yeah, it's true. I made the trek up to Punxatawny PA to see Phil himself and I was not disappointed at all! We made the four hour trip up there from DC and got there at about one in the morning and crashed at the local LDS branch which was packed with people. Don't worry, the Branch President was down with it....or so I heard. We went to bed at two, got up at five and braved the freezing temps and walked over to the Knob to see all the yahoos get riled up over a groundhog...yes a groundhog. The Inner Circle arrived and Phil was close. They cranked the music up and it was party time. Being totally clouded over, I thought there was no way Phil was going to see his shadow but as they read his prediction, he indeed saw his shadow which lead me to believe that the whole thing is rigged. It was still a good time nonetheless! We then hopped in the car and cruised home. We stopped by a roadside diner in the middle of Home PA which was classic as seen in the photo. All in all it was a great trip and well worth a glance at Phil!


6 comments:

a.t.a said...

I don't know why, but for some reason that picture of you in front of the Knob Hill sign instantly reminded me of "Where's Waldo"

a.t.a said...

Oh sorry...I guess it's "Gobblers Knob"...whatever

Emily said...

Stop the press...you actually updated after three months! I seriously wish I could go to that...it's just like the movie!

Scott, Kara, Paul, Brad and Andee said...

We are jealous you went! We love that show, okay maybe I do more the Scott. Looks like you had a blast!

Shells said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun. Wish I could have made it!. I didn't know my cousins Sarah and Melissa went too.Thanks for calling and checking on me, I'm back to my old self now...

Rebecca said...

Get the net