Saturday, March 15, 2008

Saturdays

You gotta just love Saturdays! This morning I woke up and laid in bed for thirty minutes or so and just loved that it was Saturday. Finally got out of bed a little before eleven. The weather outside was just kind as could be. So I decided to go for a run to get ready for this half marathon that I signed up for in two weeks. Really haven't trained well for it but I needed to get out today so I decided to head out and ended up cranking out nine miles and some change. It was just the perfect day for a run....high fifties and a slight breeze. I stopped off at the Giant at the halfway point to get a drink from their drinking fountain and turned around and headed home. It felt good and I always love the feeling after a long run. Now it was after one o clock and still had not had breakfast. No big deal. So I cranked up the griddle for some french toast. Just stacked the toast six deep and drenched it in syrup.




She was good...real good. Breakfast at 1:3o is normal right? Then I wanted to go biking but the mountain bike park was still closed for the winter and had to settle for something else. Golf perhaps? Yeah, that works. Just the perfect day for being outside. Hope there are plenty more Saturdays like this one.

3 comments:

Scott, Kara, Paul, Brad and Andee said...

I remember Giant! When I lived in Virginia we would always shop there and foodlion. Great times! Nice job on the french toast. How about making us some?!

Nikki said...

Hey Tommy it's Nikki Poulson, found your blog through Kacee and Chase. Looks like you're living the life, but still the same Tommy! Glad I got to look at your blog!

Heather and Eric said...

Breakfast at 1:30 is absolutely normal for you!