Thursday, March 13, 2008

Banff Mountain Film Festival

So last night I decided to go up to Baltimore to check out the Banff Moutain Film Festival that was making its way through the area. I knew very little about this but it sounded cool. Going into it, I thought I was going to leave pumped up and ready to move back West where they have "real" mountains. We left early because it was a little disappointing and I had to wake up bright and early for tennis the next day. But the real action came on our way home. I was with Blake and Paul and Paul was at the helm. We didn't know exactly where we were going because we were looking for 95 south to DC. we were heading south on some side streets and we felt we were getting closer. We made a wrong and turn and next thing we knew, we were the only car around. Paul, trying to figure it out, went screaming through this red light! Realizing this halfway through, he slammed on the brakes and starting reversing as if to reverse all the way through to "make it right" I told him, the damage was done and to keep moving. We then come around the corner and we see this blue light flashing on top this pole as if a crime had just happened and not to come close. What do we do..get closer and next thing we know, we are stopped at a red light and I kid you not, there were about six or so foos just chillin and staring us down. Paul locks the cars as we try to wonder what is going on. We are trying so hard not to laugh but was rather easy because I think we were all a little spooked! Then, this guy in a orange puffy coat was looking at us and moving closer towards us. Then two people crossed the street right in front of us not five feet in front of us. They were all eyeing us! The light was still red and we had no where to go! There are few things I know in this life but I know that these guys were sniffing the pixy stix if you know what I mean. The only thing that was going through this guys mind was "357" or 8" blade? So the light turns green but the two guys are right in front of us and won't move. So Paul weasels his way around them and just leaves a patch right there on the crosswalk and we were out of there! Needless to say, we finally found the freeway and made it home safely. We did however catch the name of the street...Dolphin Street! Word of the wise...don't hit up Dolphin St this side of Baltimore!

5 comments:

Paul said...

I still feel like I should have reversed back through the red light...would have been safer. I know we probably shouldn't have gotten closer to the police-lit telephone pole, but at the time it felt more like a party than a crime scene.

Jamie said...

I have been reading all your stories and have decided I have a pretty boring life!! It was so good to hear from you and I am so excited to have found another blogger! We've been in Denver about 6 months and are slowly getting used to it. How long have you been back east? Are you working or going to school? So many questions. Anyways keep in touch!!

a.t.a said...

Why didn't you just smack 'em up with some bologna?

a.t.a said...

P.S. Nice job saying what up to Jamie, but you never say what up to us....if I had a piece of bologna you'd be dead. (No offense Jamie)

Amanda said...

Foos? Pixy Sticks? Tommy, memo to your whiter-than-rice arse: You ain't jiggy with it, you aren't down, in on the 411, or bouncin' anywhere anytime soon. You're a baby-faced angel from the suburbs of Utah who draws buildings by day and dreams about Celine Dion by night. Get the net!
Shazaam!