Friday, February 22, 2008

Vantage Point



So earlier this night a couple of friends and I went to go see this show. This actually looked like a show that I wouldn't mind seeing on opening night. I was kinda looking forward to it. Well, let me just say that that was ten bones that I won't ever get back...and I really want them back. It was very disappointing. It had a Groundhog Day feel to it but not funny at all. Dennis Quaid turned Terminator could not be stopped, even when it seemed there was no way for him to keep going on, he kept going on. There were times when the whole theater was laughing at this movie. Last time I checked this wasnt supposed to be a comedy. I'm just one cog in the wheel but myadvice is to wait for the DVD!

4 comments:

Shells said...

So feel the same way. I was done after 3 vantages. Everyone was laughing in our theater too. I do have to say never predicted the ending.

renee said...

Tommy, This is too funny. Marc and I just got back from seeing Vantage Point and we liked it so much that I called Rebecca and recommended that if she and Mike needed something to do, they should go see it. We really, really liked it---what does that say about us (or you)?????
I guess there's no accounting for taste. Speaking of taste, one would think that all you did in the Big Apple was eat!!!
Mom

Amanda said...

You're too smart for mainstream, commercialized movies about politics. You should have known better. Oops, sorry Renee and Marc!

Since when did you start blogging about movies...and more than once every 3 months?

TLars said...

Thomas, AMEN!! I've been saving my theater gift card that I received for Christmas just to see this flick . . . what a disappointment. Seriously people, it's not so much that I lost the money, it's the time & brain cells that I lost that I'm still irratated about. Ditto on the laughing in the theater. Ditto on Groundhog Day. If you've seen the preview, then all you need to see is the last 20 minutes of the movie. I'm not kidding. This is the only part of the movie that you could not figure out from a three minute preview online. Here's to hoping that 10000BC will be better.